Saturday, October 24, 2009

2 months down already! :)

Tomorrow is our two month mark! YAY! I can't believe that October is already gone! The time is just flying by... before we know it Thanksgiving and Christmas will be gone and we will only have just a few weeks before we're done with our first deployment! YAY! :)

Dano is doing pretty good... traveling back and forth all week from place to place.. so please keep him in your prayers. He enjoys being able to travel and see new things but it always makes us a little uneasy... He went to Payne earlier this morning... normally when he goes there .. he has no access to phones or internet so we were planning to talk again at the end of the week. I was surprised when my phone rang this morning around 7! He said that he asked around when he got there and had a couple of guys show him where they had gotten 4 phones... and he called to let me know that he had made it ok! I was so happy to hear his voice and so thankful that he was able to call! I always have such a hard time when he goes there because I never know that he made it there ok until he's already back from the trip! The Lord is so good and so faithful... I am just so thankful that He has provided us a way to stay in such close contact throughout this deployment. I am so spoiled and I know that Dano feels the same way! We never thought we'd be able to talk/see each other this much but technology has caught up to those guys for the most part! I am so thankful.. and we are so blessed!

He said that on the flight there.. he noticed there were pretty bad dust clouds and then it felt like the plane was starting to go out of control... he said that he just started praying... asking the Lord to take control of the plane and to keep them all safe... he said when he finished praying and opened his eyes, it got really quiet and calm... and once the dust settled.. he realized that they had landed!! :) It was too funny to hear him tell this story... I told him, once again.. God was showing him that HE is in control! :) He thought that it was funny that they were landing all along.. and he thought something bad was happening! He gets really nervous flying around everywhere.. so I can only imagine his nerves when that started happening! Thank the good Lord that the plane was just landing... I know Dano was very thankful! :)

Please keep the Lawson family in your prayers... they are VERY dear friends to us and their son, David Paul, is leaving this week to head to Afghanistan (to the same base that Dano is at!) They had a "see you soon" dinner tonight at their house... it was tough to face that again after having to go through it with Dano.. but we are all so thankful that they are going to be together over there... I know that Dano is excited to have one of his buddies with him over there... it will ease our minds and help to pass their time... (Love you Mrs. Sherri) :)

Other than that, all is well! I am staying busy so that time continues to fly by... looking forward to going to my parents' for Thanksgiving and going to my Gram and Pap's for Christmas! YAY! It will be so hard to face the holidays without Dano but I am thankful that I will be able to spend time with my family! I am ESPECIALLY thankful that the Lord has helped me to stay so positive and encouraged ... I don't know how people face things like this without Him! We are on the home stretch now... almost half way there! WOO HOO! March can't come soon enough... I can NOT wait to make that trip to welcome him home!

No comments:

Post a Comment