Sunday, October 18, 2009

Time is flying by!

I can't believe that we are a week away from our 2 month mark already! It has flown by.. and I'm so thankful for that! Before we know it the holidays will be here and after that.. he'll be home! :) I can't wait for that day.... it will be so amazing!

Dano is doing great! I've heard from him everyday... sometimes more than once a day! We are so blessed that he is at a base with phones and internet! I am so spoiled now that I have heard from him so much! It's definitely helped to make things better. He is still staying busy... traveled for the most part of this week. He made a CD to send me in his next package with over 300 pictures... so I am waiting for that to arrive! I can't wait to see some of the things that he is seeing... I can't imagine! He is setting up pen pals for my kids this week with the Marines at Leatherneck! We are going to swap pictures so the kids can see their Marine and the Marines can see the kids... and hopefully they'll be able write back and forth several times before its time to come home! They can not WAIT to see him... it's like he is a celebrity! Seeing their reactions when he finally comes to meet them will be priceless!

I am so thankful that the Lord has protected him and been with us step by step while he has been over there! We can both tell that this is all working out for the best... and we're so thankful that he was given this opportunity! We know that God has a plan for us and that this is a major part of it... it's so amazing to look back and see God's hand in it all! I'm also thankful that I am staying busy and time has seemed to go so quickly... I am getting so anxious for him to come home.. I know we still have a little while to go.. but in about 18 weeks he'll be home for good! :) YAY! We are so ready to see where our lives take us next and to be together again... he's trying to decide on a good vacation for us to take for Spring Break when he gets home... I can't wait to see what he plans for us!

Other than that, I've been very busy with work and LOVING this change in weather. It's so nice now that it has cooled off a bit! I can't wait to post some of his pictures once I get the CD! Thank you again for your support, prayers, and encouragement! We are so thankful to have the support of our friends and family... through packages, phone calls, and prayers.. you guys have made this so much easier on both of us! Please continue to pray for us as we seek the Lord in all that we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment