Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Almost turkey time!

I can not believe that next week is Thanksgiving! I feel like it was just yesterday in August when I was standing in LeJeune waving goodbye to Daniel... and Thanksgiving Day will be our 3 month mark! It's insane! I really can NOT believe how quickly time is going by... it will be January before we know it! YAY!

Dano is still hanging in there! It's starting to get cold over there so he is trying to adjust from the heat to the cold! Other than that... he is staying busy and counting down the days! He has been traveling back and forth a lot.. doing a lot of day trips... but the Lord has provided safety for him and the other Marines that are traveling with him! He had the opportunity to hand out blankets to children and elders the other day on one of his trips.. I know that this really touched his heart and he felt like he was able to reach out to them and fulfill one of their many needs. We don't realize just how blessed and fortunate we are... when he shares pictures and stories with me... it just amazes me how blessed we are... just the little day to day things that we take for granted are HUGE blessings! I am so proud of Daniel and thankful that he has been given this opportunity ... it definitely has opened his eyes and made him thankful for all that he has here at home!

Daniel's birthday is December 22nd... and I want to make it as special as possible for him while he is over there! If you get a chance, take a second to send him a birthday card... nothing fancy or special... just a note to let him know that you have been keeping up with what's going on with him through this blog... and that you wanted to wish him a happy 25th! (yes, he's a quarter of a century old this year... ) :) I know that it would make him smile and brighten his day! His address is:

SGT PEAL JOSEPH D 2526
2 MEB G-3 ANSF
UNIT 73010
FPO AE 09510-3010

I know it would make his birthday really special... and I would really appreciate it, too! I know that he is going to really want to be home that week with his birthday AND Christmas... so I am trying to reach out to him from across the world and make him feel special.. :)

Thank you again for all of your encouragement and prayers! The Lord has had His loving arms wrapped around Daniel since he left... and I know that He will continue to do that until he is back home again!

No comments:

Post a Comment