Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Turkey Day!

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends! It was nice to get away and come to my parents for the long weekend. We had a wonderful dinner... just me, mom and dad! It was so hard not to have Dano or my brother here. It felt like we weren't complete... I love Thanksgiving... I am always thankful for the Lord's many blessings... but Thanksgiving just opens your eyes to everything you really are blessed with! I am so thankful for my family and most of all my husband.. I can't imagine my life without them!

Time is flying by! Wednesday marked 3 months since Dano has been gone... there are days when it feels like forever and then days when it seems like he JUST left and time is flying! We are crossing our fingers for a homecoming before March... there has been a lot of talk about it... but we aren't getting our hopes up just yet! I would be one happy girl if I got my hubby back sooner than expected!

He is doing great! It was very hard on both of us to be apart on Thanksgiving.. but now we have that behind us... we can mark that off of the countdown! We got to talk on Skype for a while on Turkey day so that helped! He seemed really sad... and it broke my heart! I can't imagine being alone and knowing what is going on back home... I know that Christmas will be another tough day but after that we are on the last stretch before he comes home! YAY! I keep thinking about homecoming and imagining what it will be like... I really don't think I can even wrap my mind around the excitement and feelings that we will have!

Here is a link to Dano's Christmas card that he recorded for us! I was so excited when he sent this to me! :) I am hoping to get to see this on TV... that would be so awesome!

Well, I hope that November was a great month for all! It feels like yesterday I was excited that November was here... and now we are in the last two days! YAY! December is going to FLY by! I'm heading to Disney, school will mostly be fun with crafts, etc., two of our best friends are getting married this month and I'm heading to my grandparents on the 19th! Before I know it, January will be here! I am so thankful to be busy and that time is flying by! I can't wait to start the next chapter of our crazy ride together! :)

Love you all! Thank you for your prayers and encouragement! Don't forget the birthday cards for Dano if you get a chance! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment