Sunday, February 7, 2010

Heading home!

Well - Daniel has started his journey home! :) He left about 30 minutes ago from Camp Leatherneck on a bus and will be leaving Afghanistan about 2:30 am (our time). As long as everything stays on schedule - he will be in Kyrgyzstan sometime tomorrow afternoon and then leave from there Wednesday night and fly home! He was in such good spirits today when I talked to him - and very excited to start his trip home to me!

It's hard to believe that he is on his way home - I know that he has to be so excited and anxious! Things around the house are all ready and I could not be more excited for my hero to get here!

He tested out yesterday for his black belt and GOT IT! :) He said that today the officers that he has worked with were making a huge deal about him getting his black belt - because it's SUCH an accomplishment! It's hard to believe that he has accomplished that since he started all of this training - I know that he is super proud of himself! He said that one of the Majors took him around and told everyone that he was the newest black belt and had everyone shake his hand today! I told him that he has a lot to be proud of ... I could not be more proud of him, I know that much! He said he bought his belt and wore it today - and was really proud to be able to wear it and tell people that he earned it from his hard work! Definitely something else for us to celebrate when he gets home! :)

Well - I will be updating y'all this week as he gets closer and closer to the US! If all goes as planned- he will be landing in Baltimore sometime Thursday evening and heading to LeJeune on a bus for an early morning arrival on Friday! :) YAY!

Thank you so much for your prayers and support - Please pray for safe travels for the Marines as they start their journey home ... and pray that there are no weather/mechanical delays -- I'm ready to have my hubby home! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment