Saturday, February 13, 2010

HEADING TO MY HUBBY!

Well - today is FINALLY here! After 6 months of a deployment and 6 inches of snow (ok maybe 4 or 5 ... but literally there is snow in the LowCountry!) ... I am leaving today to head to LeJeune for Daniel's homecoming! My stomach is in knots and I feel so anxious inside. I have been looking forward to this for so long now - and I can't believe that it is REALLY going to happen!

This week has been a rollercoaster! After Daniel was delayed because of the weather in Baltimore ... we had a random snow storm come through the Charleston area. I never DREAMED of looking out my window and seeing snow everywhere ... it's so beautiful! It started snowing last night somewhere around 5-6ish ... and when I woke up around 6 it had finally quit snowing! There is about 4 1/2 inches here ... and the best part of it is that when I woke up, someone had come through the neighborhood and plowed the roads AND our driveways for us! What a blessing! I am hoping and praying that when I get on the road in the next few hours to head to NC ... that there aren't any crazy drivers or closed roads that will keep me from getting there! Just pray for safety for me as I head that way this morning - I don't care if it takes me all day to get there - just as long as I get there safely!

Daniel should be on a plane either heading toward Germany or already heading toward Baltimore. I haven't heard from him to know exactly where they are - but they are definitely in route for the US! I can't believe it - and can't imagine the excitement that he is feeling! It will feel so good to finally step foot on US soil again!

Please continue to pray for Daniel's safety while he travels as we are within HOURS of him finally being here! Pray for the Lord to give us all safe travels as we make our way to NC to welcome our Marines home! I can't wait to post pictures of the homecoming .. and the SNOW! :)

1 comment:

  1. So excited for you! It's still so fresh in my heart how it felt for us, so I know all the butterflies you're feeling...soak up that first hug!!

    ReplyDelete