Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Another awesome wake up call!

I went to bed super early last night because of the long weekend back and forth to mom and dad's! I was in bed around 8:45... but around midnight I heard my phone ring and just had a rush of happiness take over! :) It was my hero! :)

He sounded great! Seems to be completed adjusted to the time difference and sleeping well at night. He has been setting up the academy the last few days. He said that today and tomorrow they were going to be putting in the wood floors and walls into their tent. He said that they have been putting in long hours in the heat while they've been building the academy. He said that his arms and face are really tan! :) I know that he has to be ready for the academy to start so that he's doing what he loves.. training and infantry skills. He said he is going to try to get his green belt in the evenings.. they are offering classes there on base. I'm thankful that he is trying to stay busy and is motivated to get in shape and better himself while he's there!

I asked him what he needed and he said that there still isn't anything that really sticks out. He said the best thing that anyone could send would be encouraging letters... so that's always a good thing to send :) He said that once he gets into the tent and has his own 'room' he will have more space so he might want more things then. I know that babywipes are a big hit there because of the heat and feeling so yucky! I will continue to update the list as he gives me suggestions. As for now, I would say any type of encouragement would be the thing to put the biggest smile on his face (and EXTRA spearmint gum!)

Hoping to hear from him again tonight (which will be the morning for him). He said he was going to try to call me more in the morning before he heads out for the day because once he gets off, eats, and showers, he is beat and ready for sleep! Please continue to pray for the Lord to keep him in high spirits and motivated... and for time to pass by VERY quickly for both of us! We are SO ready to be together again... but we know that the Lord has a reason for this and we can't wait to see where our life takes us next!

No comments:

Post a Comment