Saturday, September 12, 2009

SO proud of my HERO!

Third day in a row! Even from the other side of the world, Dano still finds ways to spoil me! :) He called this morning around 9:30 (6pm his time). He sounded great! When I answered he told me that they moved him from the academy and my heart dropped! I immediately thought that they were moving him off base somewhere and felt so upset. He told me that a Colonel pulled him to the side while he was working today and told him that the Major that was in charge of monitoring the border patrol in Afghanistan had been moved and put in charge of the academy. He told Daniel that they had watched him the last few days as they have built the tents and prepared everything and noticed that he was a natural leader and very motivated and decided that they wanted Daniel to fill the Major's position! My jaw dropped when he was telling me this! He said that he had to sit in on his first meeting with 8 Colonels and a General this afternoon! He will be the only enlisted Marine with all of these officers as they fly from base to base to check on the border patrol and Marines. He sounded SO excited about this honor! I mean, who would have thought that he would have ended up the only enlisted Marine with a group of officers and filling the shoes of a Major in the Marine Corps! God definitely has His hand in all of this, there is NO denying that!

I could not be more proud of him and the man that he is.. and I am so glad that he is getting recognized for it! It's just awesome to know that his hard work and motivation is paying off for him! It's helping him to be motivated and excited which I know will help make time to go a lot faster for him! He will be flying to a base every couple of days to check on things but while he is at Camp Leatherneck on his days off, he will have his own office area with a computer and phone! I am very excited about this because I know that I will get to hear from him even MORE than I have already! This deployment is going to be very hard to be apart from each other, but it will be SO much easier being able to hear from him so often! It's just SO awesome how all of this has fallen into place. We KNEW there was a reason that he was recalled and sent over there, and it has been amazing to see God's hand in all of this and see the reasons unfold! I can't wait to see what else He has in store for us... and I am so excited for my SGT! :)

He got my package yesterday! :) There was so much excitement in his voice when he told me he had gotten it! It only took 6 days .. and that was with a holiday in between! It was so awesome to make contact with him through a care package.. and he was so excited about his goodies and snacks :) Only more goodies to come.. I have to spoil him too, ya know! :)

Thank you so much for your encouraging words and prayers! It's obvious that God is still in the prayer answering business and our prayers our working! Please pray for his safety as he flies from place to place now that he has a new assignment. He was taking his first flight with them to the Southern-most part of Afghanistan tomorrow (its 5:30 am on Sunday there now). Please pray for his safety in his travels!

Maybe my next post I will be able to share some pictures! Hopefully he will be able to share some as he travels with these officers from base to base! :)

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome!! I am so happy for him! It will definitely help time fly by for him!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew that he would do well, after all he is a Peal! LOL I am so glad that he is able to stay busy. He never has been one to sit around. The Lord has definately blessed you both. Hang in there. We will continue to pray for you both.

    ReplyDelete