Friday, September 25, 2009

One month mark!

Today marks one month since Dano left! I have been very encouraged by how quickly the time is passing! Next week is already October, can you believe that?!

I talked to Dano today and I got to see his smiling face! That made it even better! He was very discouraged and down in the dumps... so please pray that God will lift Him up, motivate, and encourage him! He is just very bored when he is at Leatherneck in between travels. Daniel has never been the type to just sit... so when he is back at base it is killing him! I'm just thankful that he gets to travel as much as he does because I can't imagine what he'd be like if he had to stay in that office everyday... he'd go crazy!

Yesterday, the Summerville Journal Scene (local newspaper) came to the school to interview me and my kids about communicating with Daniel from Afghanistan! The kids were SO excited! They were mostly excited because we were expecting Dano to call in for the interview. About an hour before the interview, I got an e-mail from his parents telling me that Daniel had tried to call me from a satellite phone to let me know that communication was shut down and he wouldn't be able to call in for the interview :( We were ALL so upset. The kids were really disappointed (until the reporter got there) and I was, too. Once the reporter got there, we were all much better! They were so excited to do the interview and we are even more excited about seeing our article published soon! They are really soaking all of this up. We were on the school morning show when we first started Skyping with him and now we're going to be in the paper. One of my little girls said, "You know Mrs. Peal... first the morning show, now the newspaper... I'm thinking the next step is television! and that is why I LOVE your class!" :) I thought that was precious!

Well, one month down and hopefully no more than 5 to go. They got a different projected date today... but I'm not counting on anything until we're much closer! We all know how much it can change! As always, thank you so much for your prayers and support! I can't wait to start planning his homecoming.. he's going to be one happy Marine! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment