Thursday, September 17, 2009

Update on my MARINE!

Just a little update to let you know what's been going on the last couple of days! The Lord has truly blessed us when it comes to keeping in touch... I have heard from him every day for the last week! He is doing well.. staying busy and seems to really like his new assignment. When he isn't traveling around, he is in an office at Leatherneck and he has really enjoyed having the computer there to e-mail back and forth. It has made it nice to have little notes from him throughout the day to help my day go by... and to know that he's doing alright! He tried to skype us today while I was teaching.. my kids got SO excited! It's been almost 3 weeks since we were able to talk/see him through Skype so this was such a big deal! We were able to hear him but he couldn't hear us because of the connection! They were disappointed but still so excited to get to hear him! It's like he's Santa or something ;)

He is leaving again tomorrow morning(in a few hours his time) to head to another base to do some work. He said he will be there for a few days working with the Captain from the Army that he was teamed up with. He said that they have really hit it off and work well together.. so that's a relief knowing that he has someone to work with that he likes :)

I sent him another package yesterday. I was racing the clock to get to the post office in time and luckily had a VERY nice retired marine that helped me at the post office! It's always a blessing to run into people throughout your day that have that connection.. and sympathy for the sacrifice that our family is making. I made it just in time and the package is on it's way! I know he's excited... lots of goodies in this one! :)

Nothing much has changed in the past few days.. still traveling around with the officers so please keep them in your prayers for safe travels! I will continue updating y'all on anything new that goes on or that I hear! Next week marks our one month mark for this deployment! At times it is amazing to me that one month is already gone.. and then other times it seems like forever until he'll be home again! Just trying to stay busy, prayed up, and keeping focused on the Lord and work to make time go by quickly! I can't wait until I'm posting information about a welcome home party :) :) :)

Thank you AGAIN for prayers and encouragement! God Bless! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment