Thursday, January 28, 2010

2 weeks to go!

Two week countdown officially started today! Two weeks from now - I will be sitting in LeJeune ... trying to fall asleep so that I can wake up to get my HUBBY! :) I can't believe that it's finally here! We are both so excited and so ready for these two weeks to fly by so we can be together again! It's been so fun getting everything ready for homecoming ... signs, the house, the dogs ... and trying to find an outfit! That's been the tough part .. :)

Although we are VERY excited about Daniel's homecoming -- we are having a very hard time right now ... my grandfather in MD was diagnosed with stage four cancer and is really having a hard time with pain ... we know that the Lord has a reason for everything -- and that if He brings us TO it ... He will bring us THROUGH it! I have been trying to stay strong until Daniel is home to comfort me. It's been a tough couple of weeks trying to balance the excitement and emotions that go with Daniel coming home along with the emotions and heartbreak for my grandparents. Please keep us in your prayers as we all face these next few weeks - it will be an exciting time for us as we welcome home our hero -- but also a very hard time as we prepare for what is next. I love my Pap more than anything in this world -- and I'm praying for peace, comfort, and strength for him and my family over these next few months ...

Thank you for your prayers for Daniel ... and for prayers for my family ... The Lord has His hand on us and is walking with us every step of the way.

"One day at a time ... "

No comments:

Post a Comment