Friday, January 1, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR! :)

It's finally here... 2010! I can't believe that we are on the downhill slope of this whole thing! We are counting down and could not be more excited! Looks like we are planning for a February homecoming! Daniel is waiting to hear a few more details before it's official... but it is looking pretty promising! :)

The last two weeks have been crazy! After my last day of work on the 18th, two of the most wonderful people we know were married downtown... and in the craziness of the rain... I dropped my phone in a puddle of water and lost EVERYTHING! So if I haven't been in touch ... that's why! :) The wedding was beautiful and everything turned out just perfect! Only thing that would have made it better would have been if Dano could have been there... but my stand in date (my mom) was a pretty good date :) I made it to my grandparents safely on the 20th! It was nice to spend over a week with my grandparents and family... and SNOW! :) Boogee and Fifi really weren't sure what to think of it all... they were too cute in their snow jackets trying to make it through the snow without sinking!

I just came home yesterday... and although I had a wonderful time visiting... there is nothing like being in your own bed! Being busy and gone helped time without Dano to go by faster - so that helped. Before I left I got my early Christmas presents from him so that made it easier, too! :) He sent me a stereo for my IPod, some new UGG boots, and a beautiful diamond ring! He couldn't have done better! He also got his goodies from home and his mini-Christmas tree... so he has seemed to be a little more upbeat than I had expected! :) We are going to have the rest of our Christmas when he gets home... tree and all! :) Hopefully in early February! :)

He made it back safe and sound to Leatherneck and I have been able to hear from him everyday since he made it back! It's so comforting just to hear his voice ... even if it is just for a minute! Things there are starting to wind down a little... He started up his Marine Corps Martial Arts Progam last week. He was already a Gray belt... and will have his Brown belt by the time he comes home! He'll only have one more belt to go... so he's really excited about that! He said that his body is sore but he can already tell a difference! They train for two hours a day so that has helped his time to go by quickly! I'm so proud and excited to see my buff Marine :)

Other than that, we are just counting down the days and starting to make plans for a vacation and things to do when he gets home! We are looking forward to cramming as much in as we can ... which is typical with Daniel! :) Not much longer before he's back home and we're on the GO again! :)

Thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers! We are stronger now than we have ever been... and we give all the credit and glory to the Lord! He has seen us through so much this past year.. and we know that He will continue to provide and bless us in 2010!

Hope you all had a VERY merry Christmas and wish you a VERY blessed New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment